By default the Z-Wave driver module for HomeOS is not included in the solution, to get the module:
- Go to the Lab of Things Remote Management Portal (www.lab-of-things.net) to register for an org ID. You'll need a Microsoft
Account to register.
- Once you've registered your Org ID, click on the Downloads link on the top navigation to go to the Downloads page
- Review the Z-Wave Development Kit Agreement. You have to agree by clicking on the Agree button before you can download and use driver.
Important Prerequisite: Before you can run the HomeOS Z-Wave driver you will need to install the driver for the USB Z-Wave controller. Once
the driver is installed and the USB dongle is plugged in, you should be able to see it in the Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT):
Once you've acquired the source code for the driver, follow these steps to get the driver running on the platform:
- Place the Zwave driver folder (ZwaveZensys_4_55 ) under Hub\Drivers.
- In Visual Studio, add the .csproj file to the Drivers folder of the Core.sln solution.
- Build the project.
To test the driver out you can build and run two sample apps that use the driver: Sensor and
Alerts, they are both under Hub\Apps folder.