Upload captured image from camera to Azure SQL using AzureMobileServicesSample Apps

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Dear,

How can I upload a captured image from CameraViewer Apps in HomeOS to Azure SQL ?

I found an Apps provided in CodePlex named AzureMobileServicesSample and it seems that this Apps can help me uploading the data (sensor data, image, etc.) to Azure.

But the problem is that I do not know how to use this Apps to upload the images to Azure SQL. Can you give more detailed instructions of using AzureMobileServicesSample Apps. After we insert this Apps into Visual Studio, what will we do next?

I've just start to work with HomeOS and Azure recently so I do not have much experience with them.

Thank you so much
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2014 at 7:54 AM
nghiavp07 wrote:
Dear,

How can I upload a captured image from CameraViewer Apps in HomeOS to Azure SQL ?

I found an Apps provided in CodePlex named AzureMobileServicesSample and it seems that this Apps can help me uploading the data (sensor data, image, etc.) to Azure.

But the problem is that I do not know how to use this Apps to upload the images to Azure SQL. Can you give more detailed instructions of using AzureMobileServicesSample Apps. After we insert this Apps into Visual Studio, what will we do next?

I've just start to work with HomeOS and Azure recently so I do not have much experience with them.

Thank you so much
Mobile Services uses a SQL Database to store data. However, binary large object (BLOB) data is more efficiently stored in Azure Blob storage service.

You have a few options here.
  • You can use Bolt. which is native to the Lab of Things and provides an abstraction layer for writing/syncing data (binary included) to Azure storage, where you can upload your image to.
  • Alternatively, you can write your data to blob storage in Azure directly using Azure Storage API.
  • You can always connect and write to a SQL server (Azure or on-premise) in your app, but this will require you to know either ADO.net or Entity Framework. For example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ff951633.aspx
Please drop me a line in a direct message (dannyh206) to describe more specifics of what you are trying to do.

thanks