This project is read-only.

How to remove partially added ZWave devices?

May 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM
I want to remove all ZWave devices registered with the platform. I try to remove the configs but still the devices keep appearing in the partially added devices. Also I cannot unpair the devices as I do not have those devices anymore.
May 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Hi - The zwave stick is remembering these devices. You have a couple of options that you can try to remove them. This can be a little fussy so hopefully one of these methods will work.

Option 1: In Lab of Things UI: Through the Lab of Things UI you can click on the Configure button in the Settings page. Go through the setup (name the device etc). Then in Settings page choose the "remove" option and when the UI asks if you have the device click on the "No" button. The platform then tries to perform a "remove failed node" call to the zwave stick. This may or may not work.

Option 2: Using the ZwaveController.exe program. Stop platform and close the UI. Go to the location of the zwave libraries on your hub. (output\binaries\Pipeline\AddIns\HomeOS.Hub.Drivers.ZwaveZensys_4_55) and run ZwaveController.exe This is a helpful program that will show you the state of your zwave controller and what devices it thinks it is associated with. Note when you start it you may have to go to the Settings option under Categories to point the application at the location of your z-stick. Once the program sees the zstick then you should see a list of devices. Click on the one you want to remove and find the "remove failed node" button. In the bar of buttons this is probably third from the right and looks like a small box with a number on it and x on the top. Mousing over it will show you the name of the command. Again - this mostly works but every once in a while I run into a device that I can't remove from the zstick.

Hope this helps!
May 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Thank you so much for your response. I had tried both these options. But alas, there is this tedious dimmer I cannot remove.
May 15, 2014 at 4:40 AM

HI

Sorry to hear this – I have bumped into this a couple of times with certain z-sticks. Occasionally when I come back to them and try again the remove failed node works and sometimes it never works – Sorry I wish I had a fool proof method. I will ask Ratul if he has other ideas.

A.J.