Modules & Drivers Icons at Dashboard

Developer
Dec 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Edited Dec 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Hi,

I am wondering how does the dasboard look like with icons;) Are they working now (can be shown)? I set IconUrl attribute in ModuleDb.xml file, recompile platform, run and nothing happened at the Dashboard (whereas when I changed Description attribute it was updated).

I tried copying icon.png to the local folder of the module and setting "icon.png" or even whole http:// address but without any change. I also tried uncommenting
//return moduleInfo.BaseURL() + "/icon.png";
line in DriverGadgeteerBase::GetImageUrl() method.

Is it a bug or is there anything I am omitting to get the effect?
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM

That feature is not ready yet J

Developer
Mar 26, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Edited Mar 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM
About that icons above - maybe creating the new issue will help?;) What is more... those apps icons should be somehow different from other at doeshboard (maybe different background color?)

Besides, I am thinking of some extension, too. Could apps components at dasboard have another information besides description? Its location at home (if there is configured) will be good I think ... and (the next step) even more informative if apps icon could be grouped there somehow upon theirlocation (it could create dasboard look like a plan of home). Another issue?
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Hey, Kamil –

Sorry, we’ve been tied down with other things J

Feel free to add these changes to your branch. At some point, we may pull it to the main branch when testing cycles open up.

Perhaps not your basic point but: I understand the need for some kind of richer information, but apps do not have location associated with them.

Thanks.