Receiving Data from Aeon MultiSensor

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Hello,
 I am currently trying to use the luminosity, humidity, and temperature data from an aeon multisensor.  However, when the OnNotification method is called, the role name for each of those pieces of data just "sensormultilevel", with no further descriptors.  I believe I set up the sensors correctly, but I cannot seem to figure out the problem.  
Also, I am trying to use connect an Aeotec SmartStrip to my network as well, but I can only turn the whole strip on or off, not individual nodes. Any tips on getting more functionality out of it?

Thanks,
Matt
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2015 at 7:56 PM
mrk997 wrote:
Hello,
 I am currently trying to use the luminosity, humidity, and temperature data from an aeon multisensor.  However, when the OnNotification method is called, the role name for each of those pieces of data just "sensormultilevel", with no further descriptors.  I believe I set up the sensors correctly, but I cannot seem to figure out the problem.  
Also, I am trying to use connect an Aeotec SmartStrip to my network as well, but I can only turn the whole strip on or off, not individual nodes. Any tips on getting more functionality out of it?

Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt,
On your first question, if the multisensor is set up correctly, you should see the following strings for roles:
:sensormultilevel::batterylevel:
:sensormultilevel::humiditysensor:
:sensormultilevel::temperaturesensor:

and just :sensor: from the motion sensor.

Do you have Sensor sample app installed? If you do, do you see readings in the web UI?

Also, make sure the batteries in the multisensor are not dead.

I have to investigate regarding turning only individual nodes on/off for the smart strip. More on this later...
thanks,
Danny
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2015 at 5:29 PM

To expose advanced functionality of a z-wave device, the following should be done:

1. Add the device’s configuration settings to Hub\Drivers\ZwaveZensys_4_55\ App.Config. That file has settings for other devices, which you can use as a template. I got the basic settings from http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/. For the smart strip, you’ll basically have to learn how to expose individual nodes and perhaps start a switchbinary class for each, which will then expose individual switches to the rest of the system.

2. Add the device to the drop down menu in Hub/Dashboard/DashboardWeb/AddDeviceZwave.html

The above is the basic setup. See what we are doing for other devices to debug as you code.

Cheers.

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I do have the Sensor app installed, but it only displays "Motion1:sensormulilevel:" for every reading (Motion1 is what I named the sensor). The batteries in the multi sensors are new, so I guess I set up them incorrectly? When I added them, I went to the Add Devices page, selected aeon multisensor on the drop down menu and then paired the sensor. Could it be that I am Subscribing to them incorrectly? Or that it is incorrectly configured in Hub\Drivers\ZwaveZensys_4_55\ App.Config? The Aeon Multi-sensor was not in the link that @ratulm posted, so I am unsure if I have it configured correctly.