This project is read-only.

Not able to install Lights app from store

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I bought a z-wave light switch and added it to my hub but when I try to install the Lights app to control the switch I get following error in the logfile. The UI itself doesn't show any indication that installation failed -

I built HomeOS platform on my machine using VS2012 and all the requisite SDKs along with z-wave driver provided to me. My machine is running Windows 8.1 64bit and I am using Aeon labs z-wave stick2 for communication.

From the log:

2013-12-20 18:33:42Z UICalled:GetCompatibleDevicesForHomestoreApp Lights
2013-12-20 18:33:43Z UICalled:InstallAppWeb Lights
2013-12-20 18:33:43Z No exact-match-version token found for Module: Binary name: HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch, App Name: Lights, Version: 1.0.0.0
2013-12-20 18:33:43Z URI: file:///C:\LabOfThings\labofthings\Hub\output\binaries\Platform/../../HomeStore/repository/HomeOS/Hub/Apps/Switch/1.0.0.0/HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch.zip is invalid. Got WebException.
2013-12-20 18:33:43Z Can't find HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch v1.0.0.0 on any rep.
2013-12-20 18:33:43Z No matching token at all found for Module: Binary name: HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch, App Name: Lights, Version: 1.0.0.0
2013-12-20 18:34:34Z UICalled:InstallAppWeb Lights
2013-12-20 18:34:34Z No exact-match-version token found for Module: Binary name: HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch, App Name: Lights, Version: 1.0.0.0
2013-12-20 18:34:34Z URI: file:///C:\LabOfThings\labofthings\Hub\output\binaries\Platform/../../HomeStore/repository/HomeOS/Hub/Apps/Switch/1.0.0.0/HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch.zip is invalid. Got WebException.
2013-12-20 18:34:34Z Can't find HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch v1.0.0.0 on any rep.
2013-12-20 18:34:34Z No matching token at all found for Module: Binary name: HomeOS.Hub.Apps.Switch, App Name: Lights, Version: 1.0.0.0
Dec 21, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Did you compile the switch app? It is a separate project.

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM
You just beat me to it (Although I am impressed with quick response time :)) after looking at logs I figured it expected the file to be present locally and I was probably missing it in my solution when I built it. Unfortunately it wasn't immediately clear to me that not all app projects are added to the solution by default. Everything is working great now. Thanks for replying to my query.

Happy holidays!
Dec 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Yeah, the packaging is not intuitive. It is a trade-off between making everyone compile everything (including things they don’t need), or let them pick and choose but with the initial issue that you faced.

In the near future, we’ll probably move towards hosting binaries in the cloud, so you can fetch from there and run.

Happy holidays!

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Hello, I have the same problem, I did what you suggest above but visual studio still gives the same error. I've also asked for a reply here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24307657/installing-z-wave-device-applications but I couldn't get an answer. Could you help me, please? Thank you in advance.
Jun 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM

For starters, it looks from the screenshot posted on stackoverflow that you have broken configuration at this point—the access control rules (in output\configs\config\rules.xml) have a reference to module Alerts but that module is not listed in output\configs\config\modules.xml

To fix the config, 1) run reset.bat, which will reset your configuration to default; or 2) fix it manually if you think you understand the semantics.

Then, make sure that the apps you want to use are compiled. Their binaries should show up in output\binaries\pipeline\addin\homeos.hub.apps.alerts\.

Then, go through the setup process again, and things should work at this point in time.

Cheers.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

A little more on this: we have confirmed that broken configuration will occur when app binaries are not found. We will post a bug fix soon, but for now, the remedy in my original response (reset, compile, then install device) should work. Let us know if you are still seeing issues.

Cheers.

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I've just run the reset.bat and it works perfectly.

Cheers.