Beta2 Release Errors

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Hello,

We recently downloaded the Beta2 release updated on 11/4/13. However, after going through initial Dashboard setup, HomeOS Platform Stops working and displays the following error.
Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the
COM class factory for component with CLSID {031913FE-EB2A-49F2-B2BE-B996B2448CD
4} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception f
rom HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at Microsoft.Synchronization.Files.FileSyncProvider..ctor(Guid replicaId, Str
ing rootDirectoryPath, FileSyncScopeFilter scopeFilter, FileSyncOptions fileSync
Options, String metadataDirectoryPath, String metadataFileName, String tempDirec
toryPath, String pathToSaveConflictLoserFiles)
at Microsoft.Synchronization.Files.FileSyncProvider..ctor(String rootDirector
yPath)
at HomeOS.Hub.Common.DataStore.AzureSynchronizer.SetLocalSource(String FqDirN
ame) in c:\Users\v-dannhu\Downloads\codeplex-new\Hub\Common\DataStore\Sync\Azure
Synchronizer.cs:line 53
at HomeOS.Hub.Common.Logger.InitSyncing(String accountName, String accountKey
, String containerName) in c:\Users\v-dannhu\Downloads\codeplex-new\Hub\Common\L
ogger.cs:line 132
at HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Platform.UniqueHomeIdCheckCompleted(Boolean isUnique)
in c:\Users\v-dannhu\Downloads\codeplex-new\Hub\Platform\Platform\Platform.cs:li
ne 718
at HomeOS.Hub.Platform.HeartbeatService.webClient_CanIClaimHomeIdCompleted(Ob
ject sender, UploadStringCompletedEventArgs arg) in c:\Users\v-dannhu\Downloads\
codeplex-new\Hub\Platform\Platform\HeartbeatService.cs:line 179
at System.Net.WebClient.OnUploadStringCompleted(UploadStringCompletedEventArg
s e)
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadStringOperationCompleted(Object arg)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object sta
te)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionCo
ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWor
kItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Can you suggest some potential solutions?

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Hi,
HomeOS requires the Microsoft Sync Framework binaries to run. This may be caused by missing those binaries. You can get it here:
Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 Redistributable Package - Get synchronization and provider (x86 only). We are updating our documentation to make it more clear.

Also, please download the Release.zip again. There's a fix on Nov 6 to correct an issue with wrong configs being packaged in it.

Let me know how it goes
thanks,
Danny
Nov 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Hello Danny,

I am working with fryeap on this project. We downloaded the release on Nov 8th, so that should be after the fix. We also have already installed the Microsoft Sync Framework. The errors are still occurring though. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Jeremy
Dec 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Hello,
I have installed win7 32 ultimate(Service Pack 1) operating system on my computer. Recently my lab want to use HomeOS to set up a platform. So I come to download the source code and use the VS2012 to rebuild the code according to the guideline and the video. But unfortunately, when I open the Core.sln and rebuild the code , there're lots of errors. It makes me frustrated. So I come here for help. I'm sure I have already installed the Synchronization-v2.1-x86-ENU.msi and Windows Azure Tools- v2.1. Do you have any good suggestions or solutions? Notice that my computer don't have a wireless card, can this lead to errors?
How to use Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 Redistributable Package and Windows Azure SDK 2.1 according to the documentation of Getting Started with Lab of Things?
And I have also installed VS2010 on my computer, could this makes mistakes?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Hi,
Can you message me the errors you see in VS2012?

thanks,
Danny

cutepython wrote:
Hello,
I have installed win7 32 ultimate(Service Pack 1) operating system on my computer. Recently my lab want to use HomeOS to set up a platform. So I come to download the source code and use the VS2012 to rebuild the code according to the guideline and the video. But unfortunately, when I open the Core.sln and rebuild the code , there're lots of errors. It makes me frustrated. So I come here for help. I'm sure I have already installed the Synchronization-v2.1-x86-ENU.msi and Windows Azure Tools- v2.1. Do you have any good suggestions or solutions? Notice that my computer don't have a wireless card, can this lead to errors?
How to use Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 Redistributable Package and Windows Azure SDK 2.1 according to the documentation of Getting Started with Lab of Things?
And I have also installed VS2010 on my computer, could this makes mistakes?
Thanks.
Dec 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Hi,
I'm sorry I can't describe all the details about it in English because I have installed the Chinese Version of VS2012. But I can tell you that the errors are almost about the lack of an assembly reference. For example, In VS2012,
using Microsoft.WindowsAzure;
using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics;
using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime;
In namespace "Microsoft", there doesn't exist type or namespace name "WindowsAzure".
Thanks.
Dec 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hi,
I have downloaded VS2012 language pack and I have installed it on my computer. So my VS2012 has turned to the english version. Now I can message these part of errors to you.
Warning 161 There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Common\WebCam\WebCamLib\bin\Debug\HomeOS.Hub.Common.WebCam.WebCamLib.dll", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. WebCamWrapper
Warning 67 warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE' specification C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Common\WebCam\WebCamLib\LINK WebCamLib
Warning 177 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Common". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 178 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 179 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 219 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 220 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 221 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 162 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 6 18 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 163 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 7 18 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 164 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 11 18 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 165 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 13 18 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 166 The type or namespace name 'IScout' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 13 32 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 167 The type or namespace name 'ScoutViewOfPlatform' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 16 9 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 168 The type or namespace name 'VLogger' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 17 9 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 169 The type or namespace name 'WebFileServer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 20 9 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 170 The type or namespace name 'VLogger' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 20 13 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 171 The type or namespace name 'SafeServiceHost' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 22 13 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 172 The type or namespace name 'ScoutViewOfPlatform' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 23 58 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 173 The type or namespace name 'VLogger' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 23 88 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 174 The type or namespace name 'ScoutViewOfPlatform' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 24 80 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 175 The type or namespace name 'VLogger' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 24 110 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Error 176 The type or namespace name 'Device' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 56 21 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 189 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Common". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 190 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 191 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 192 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Shared". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 211 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 212 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 213 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 214 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Shared' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 180 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 11 18 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 181 The type or namespace name 'ModuleBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 21 33 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 182 The type or namespace name 'Port' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 27 9 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 183 The type or namespace name 'SafeThread' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 28 9 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 184 The type or namespace name 'WebFileServer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 30 17 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 185 The type or namespace name 'VParamType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 111 22 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 186 The type or namespace name 'VParamType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 111 90 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 187 The type or namespace name 'VPort' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 208 45 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Error 188 The type or namespace name 'VPort' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Drivers\WebCam\DriverWebCam.cs 209 47 WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 157 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. SmartCam
Warning 158 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. SmartCam
Warning 159 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Shared, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. SmartCam
Warning 160 There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference
Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Are you compiling core.sln? (I assume so, but just want to double check.)

Those unresolved references are to binaries that should be built as part of the solution. Are they being correctly built?

Try building the following first:

- The Shared project

- Everything under the Common folder in the solution

- Everything under the Platform folder in the solution

If the above builds correctly, then build the remaining things (apps, drivers, scouts).

If it does not built correctly, please report the errors you get.

Cheers.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Edited Dec 27, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Hi,
First I want to solve the following problem. When I load Core.sln from \homeos2\hub and build the solution, there are always wave lines below the "WindowsAzure" of the the three follwing using statements:
using Microsoft.WindowsAzure;
using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics;
using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime;

Error 86 The type or namespace name 'WindowsAzure' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Shared\DiagnosticsHelper.cs 9 17 Shared
Error 87 The type or namespace name 'WindowsAzure' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Shared\DiagnosticsHelper.cs 10 17 Shared
Error 88 The type or namespace name 'WindowsAzure' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Shared\DiagnosticsHelper.cs 11 17 Shared

I suspect there is a problem with my installed Windows Azure SDK 2.1. In fact I just download WindowsAzureTools.vs120.exe from Windows Azure SDK for .NET - 2.1, then I install it on my computer. I don't know whether it is right or not. However, these exist these three errors in my VS2012. So I want to solve my errors step by step, in the meanwhile, I am really appreciating your help. Can you give me some potential solutions to this problem?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Yeah, your problem appears to be rooted in improper Azure installation.

As per http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39708, you need more than just the WindowsAzureTools (e.g., windowsazureauthoringtools and windowsazurelibsfornet). Did you install the other stuff as well or just WindowsAzureTools?

Dec 30, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Hi,
I have just installed the WindowsAzureTools.vs120.exe, so I install the other stuff(e.g.WindowsAzureAuthoringTools-x86.msi and WindowsAzureEmulator-x86.exe) according to your solutions. Uh-huh, it works. Thanks. It has solved those three errors that I have proposed although there still exist many other errors. I believe I can handle them step by step with your patient and elaborate help. In the meanwhile, I suggest you could make concrete details in your Getting Started with Lab of Things.pdf, if you do that, it can avoid green hands like me to go the wrong path which can make us frustrated.
Now I begin to ask questions.
There are wave lines below the "Platform" in the follwing using statements:
using HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views;
using HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout;
Error 194 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Apps\Dummy\DummyService.cs 10 18 Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)

using HomeOS.Hub.Common;
Error 195 The type or namespace name 'Common' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Apps\Dummy\DummyService.cs 11 18 Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)

In my personal opinion, these above errors are the similar problems. Since I don't know how to handle them, could you give me some potential solutions to this problem? And I find a strange phenomenon. In the Platform.cs, the statement of "using HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views;" is right, there is no error about it. However, in the WebCamScout.cs or other .cs, the same statement of "using HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views;" is wrong. The detail of the error is what I have mentioned above.
Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM

We’ll see what we can do regarding instructions for pre-requisites.

Those errors imply that some binaries that the Dummy application depends on has not been built.

Try building in the following order:

- Shared project

- Everything under the common solution folder

- Everything under the Platform solution folder

- Then build the Dummy app

What error do you see then if any?

Cheers.

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Edited Dec 31, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Hi,
First, I rebuild Shared project and rebuild all succeeded. However when I rebuild the Common project in the Common solution folder. There appears many errors in the Error List of VS2012. The part of Warnings and Errors are as follows:
Warning 23 There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Common\WebCam\WebCamLib\bin\Debug\HomeOS.Hub.Common.WebCam.WebCamLib.dll", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. WebCamWrapper

Warning 28 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Common". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Warning 29 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Warning 30 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Warning 46 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Warning 47 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Warning 48 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 117 The type or namespace name 'Platform' does not exist in the namespace 'HomeOS.Hub' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 11 18 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 119 The type or namespace name 'VLogger' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 20 13 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 120 The type or namespace name 'SafeServiceHost' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 22 13 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 121 The type or namespace name 'ScoutViewOfPlatform' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\IWebCamScoutSvc.cs 24 80 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 126 The type or namespace name 'IScout' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 13 32 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 127 The type or namespace name 'ScoutViewOfPlatform' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 16 9 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 129 The type or namespace name 'WebFileServer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 20 9 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 134 The type or namespace name 'Device' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Scouts\WebCam\WebCamScout.cs 58 18 WebCam (Scout\WebCam)

Error 7 Metadata file 'C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\output\binaries\Platform\HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore.dll' could not be found C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Common\Bolt\Apps\HDS_Test\CSC HDS_Test

Error 150 The type or namespace name 'IStream' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\Apps\Dummy\Dummy.cs 31 9 Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)
I guess that building everything under the common solution folder is just rebuilding the common solution or rebuilding every projects one by one in the common solution folder in VS2012. I try to do the both methods. But they both lead to many errors like those I have proposed. How could I solve these errors? Could you give me some potential solutions to this problem?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2013 at 3:16 AM

The errors you are pasting correspond to when you try to build scouts and apps. I see only one warning corresponding to building common, which you can ignore.

What do you see when you do the following exactly?

1. Right click on “Solution Core” -> Clean solution

2. Right click on Shared project -> Build

3. Right click on Common (the solution folder, not the project) -> Build

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Edited Jan 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Hello,
First, right click on "Solution Core"->Clean Solution according to your instructions. There appear the following 27 warnings:
Warning 17 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 18 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.WebCam.WebCamWrapper' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 19 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 20 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. WebCam (Scout\WebCam)
Warning 8 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 9 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 10 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.WebCam.WebCamWrapper' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 11 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 12 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Shared' could not be found. WebCam (Drivers\WebCam\WebCam)
Warning 13 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. SmartCam
Warning 14 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore' could not be found. SmartCam
Warning 15 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. SmartCam
Warning 16 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Shared' could not be found. SmartCam
Warning 27 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. HomeService
Warning 21 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. Dummy (Scout\Dummy)
Warning 22 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.DeviceScout' could not be found. Dummy (Scout\Dummy)
Warning 23 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. Dummy (Scout\Dummy)
Warning 5 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. Dummy (Drivers\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 6 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore' could not be found. Dummy (Drivers\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 7 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. Dummy (Drivers\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 1 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 2 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore' could not be found. Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 3 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Platform.Views' could not be found. Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 4 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Shared' could not be found. Dummy (Apps\Dummy\Dummy)
Warning 26 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common' could not be found. DeviceScout
Warning 24 The referenced component 'MetaDataServer' could not be found. DataStore
Warning 25 The referenced component 'HomeOS.Hub.Common.Bolt.DataStore' could not be found. Common (Common\Common)
Then right click on Shared project->Build, Build succeeded.
Finally, right click on the Common solution folder->Build, there appear many errors and warnnings. When I check them carefully, I find that I have made the same mistake that is related to the Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 Redistributable Package. I just have installed Synchronization-v2.1-x86-ENU.msi and not installed the whole things(e.g.ProviderServices-v2.1-x86-ENU.msi and DatabaseProviders-v3.1-x86-ENU.msi). So I try to download them and install them on my computer. Cheers, all errors have gone. I am so sorry for making such stupid mistakes. But there still exist many warnings. Some like the above warnings. Do these warning affect the follow-up work?
I guess the next work is what you have proposed:
-Everything under the Platform solution folder
-Then build the Dummy app
Everything is Ok except dozens of warnings.
What can I do next?
Thanks. Happy new year!
Jan 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Hello,
When I open the command prompt as administrator and run C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\output\startplatform.bat in the command prompt. In this process, it seems to happen something invalid in the command prompt. In the end of the line, there appears "Wait for commands". When I input the URL http://localhost:51430/GuiWeb/index.html in the IE, the result is as follows:
Did not find the file: C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\output\binaries\Platform\DashboardWeb\index.html
Did not find the file: C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\output\binaries\Platform\DashboardWeb\index.html
So I navigate to the C:\Users\ustc\Desktop\homeos2\Hub\output\binaries\Platform\DashboardWeb, but there are only two empty folders(Assets and Styles). I can't find the index.html. In the meanwhile, I also navigate to the \Hub\output\Data\platform\ homeos.log to check. The whole content of this file is as follows:
2014-01-02 16:41:17Z Platform initialized
2014-01-02 16:41:32Z Homestore refresh was triggered
2014-01-02 17:41:32Z Homestore refresh was triggered
2014-01-02 18:58:51Z Homestore refresh was triggered
It seems everything is all right. So I really don't know how to solve the above problem.
I have to emphasize that my desktop doesn't have a wireless card. Can this factor have bad effect on the current work?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Did you build the DashboardWeb project? Index.html and other html pages are copied over to the right place as part of that process.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Wow, you are right. When I build the DashboardWeb project, everything goes well. Thank you very much. I think I have set up the platform successfully with your detailed guidance. please allow me to express my gratitude to you again. Next I think I have to do something interesting or academic on the basis of what I have done.
Thanks.