This project is read-only.

Quick questions about the Doorjamb app

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Hello,

I couldn't figure out what the Doorjamb app does by reading its source code. Can someone provide some background information about this sample app? I'd like to know what it does and what sensor I need to get in order to run the app.

Thanks,

Tao
Nov 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Hi Tao,
The Doorjamb app is a sample app that works with a custom sensor. This sensor was meant to be installed under the top of a door frame to sense directions of people entering and stepping away from the door. I will have to talk to the original contributor of the app/driver to get more information.

Danny
Nov 5, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Thanks, Danny. I was wondering if the app implements the system described in this paper:

Hnat, T. W., Griffiths, E., Dawson, R., & Whitehouse, K. (2012). Doorjamb: unobtrusive room-level tracking of people in homes using doorway sensors. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems (pp. 309–322). New York, NY, USA: ACM. doi:10.1145/2426656.2426687

Please let me know if you get more information from the contributor. Thanks!

Tao
Nov 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM
dongtao wrote:
Thanks, Danny. I was wondering if the app implements the system described in this paper:

Hnat, T. W., Griffiths, E., Dawson, R., & Whitehouse, K. (2012). Doorjamb: unobtrusive room-level tracking of people in homes using doorway sensors. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems (pp. 309–322). New York, NY, USA: ACM. doi:10.1145/2426656.2426687

Please let me know if you get more information from the contributor. Thanks!

Tao
You got it, that's the paper. Let me get in touch with those folks and see what I can find out.
thanks,
Danny
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Great. I asked because we might need to implement something similar. I'd like to know the status of the Doorjamb code in the LoT repository. If it's working and maintained, then we don't need to reinvent the wheel.